Most tenants want to maximize their Security Deposit refund when they move out of a property. Following is a general guide.
1) Give a proper 30 Day Notice, in writing. You will be responsible for a full 30 day’s rent after your notice is received by our office.
2) Stay current with your rent. Your Security Deposit is not your last month’s rent. You still need to pay rent for your last month at the property.
3) After you move out you need to return the keys, garage remotes, etc. to our office. You are responsible for rent until they are returned. Don’t just leave the keys on the counter at the property on your last day. We need to know that you have vacated.
4) Supply us with your correct forwarding address.
5) Leave the property in good condition. We will not charge you for reasonable wear and tear, but anything beyond that may warrant a charge. The most common charges are for cleaning and trash removal. Don’t just leave behind what you don’t want to keep. Clean the property. If you clean the carpets use a professional or, if you do it yourself, follow the carpet cleaning unit instructions carefully.
If you are a current tenant and you have any further questions, please call (909) 596-9488 or email to Rentals@CornerstonePropertyMgmt.com.